June 2, 2023
I am a 31-year-old guy who hails from Estonia and currently works in RangeForce as a DevSecOps engineer for the Infrastructure team. My day-to-day revolves around developing and maintaining a physical and cloud-based infrastructure (Azure and Google Cloud Platform), and writing software in Go and Python.
DevSecOps engineer from December 2019–today
- Created a robust infrastructure to support instantiation of virtual-machine-based learning content in Azure.
- Ensured reproducibility by creating continuous deployment pipelines.
- Developed internal tooling for developers to quickly and comfortably interact with the back-end required to create learning content for end users.
- Lead push to manage the entirety of the infrastructure with Ansible and Terraform.
Keywords: Ansible, Azure, Bash, CI/CD, Docker, Flask, GitLab, Go, Python, Terraform
Service engineer from April 2016–December 2019
- Created automation to ease maintenance across a heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Implemented a configuration management system for physical servers running Hyper-V using Chef and Desired State Configuration.
- Developed PowerShell tooling enabling end users of our infrastructure to have visibility as to when their virtual machines are scheduled for downtime as a part of regular maintenance and enable the ability for them to automatically notify us of any postponements per virtual machine.
- Upheld best practices by adhering to and creating standards of procedures for various tasks in day-to-day activities as well as documenting anything that might have the danger of being known to only one person.
- Administered VPN gateways, provided assistance to end-users with VPN-related issues, and spearheaded migration to Microsoft’s own VPN solution.
Reason for leaving: to work closer to the end user where my day-to-day work would have a more immediate impact
Keywords: Azure, Bash, Chef, CI/CD, DSC, Hyper-V, PowerShell
AS Eesti Telekom
Datacenter hardware management duty technician from April 2014–January 2015
- Installed physical hardware including cabling (e.g. servers, routers, switches, firewalls, disk arrays, controllers etc.).
- Did basic systems configuration and management through HP Integrated Lights-Out
- Scripting with Bash and PowerShell.
- Monitored servers and services across multiple data centers with Opsview
- Wrote documentation to improve future work.
Reason for leaving: to spend the last semester of college studying abroad in the Technological Educational Institute of Crete
Keywords: Bash, PowerShell
Certified LPIC-1 Linux Server Professional
Topics learned cover all the basic skills that are common to major Linux distributions, such as software installation and package management, scripting, data management, administrative tasks, networking fundamentals and security. More information can be found here and by viewing the individual 101 and 102 exam objectives.
The Estonian Information Technology College
BSc, majored in IT systems administration from 2011–2015
- Participated in the 2014 Erasmus intensive course “Deploying IT Infrastructure Solutions” with the team project “Visualization of Municipality’s Budget”
Thesis subject: Creating Intelligent Storage Systems Study Materials to Renew Course Learning Resources [by the Example of the Estonian Information Technology College]
Tallinn’s 32nd High School
Wishlist Lite - A local SSH directory